09 Aug Safety Specialist
Website Bancroft Contracting
Employment is subject to a pre-employment physical and drug screening.
Safety Specialist is a salaried position, focused on implementing and maintaining company safety through a variety of methods:
Planning and Site Set-Up, Training, Site Inspection & Worker Observation, Customer Liaison, Accident Investigation, New-Hire Orientation, Technical, Regulatory Research, Meetings, Maintaining SDS system., Worker’s Compensation and Injury Management, Managing Worker’s Compensation and Injury Management programs.
The Safety Specialist is expected to:
• Have a reliable motor vehicle, or a viable alternative plan for getting to distant jobsites in time for work, is required.
• Know and understand DOT, OSHA, state, and federal laws and regulations.
• Hold a current OSHA 30 training.
• Demonstrate experience using all types of hand and portable power tools.
• Have knowledge and experience in using some heavy equipment (for example, industrial lift trucks, extendable boom forklifts, skid-steers, and miniature excavation equipment), is a plus.
• Have a basic familiarity and understanding of construction jargon and procedures to be able to effectively communicate with jobsite crews.
The position requires moderate to heavy physical work, under all environmental conditions. Good physical conditioning is important to success in the position. A Commercial Driver must be able to lift up to 75 lbs., as needed. The person must be able to move up and down on ladders, steps, or other lifts, as needed. They must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions and/or unregulated temperatures for 10-14 hours per day (per federal law, no more than 11 hours consecutively and where state law permits). Familiarity with the use of all common hand and power tools, is a pre-requisite.
A typical schedule is Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., however work can vary outside of these operating hours as the demands of production require. There may be times where overnight travel is required.
This position comes with Full Benefits:
– Health and Dental Insurance
– Short- and Long-Term Disability
– Life Insurance (with option for supplemental)
– Paid Time Off
– Paid Holidays
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please go to Bancroft Contracting | Apply Online to submit your application.
To apply for this job email your details to rpatridge@BANCROFTCONTRACTING.COM